More and more, patients are turning to minimally-invasive treatments to achieve their cosmetic goals. And, one of the most important non-surgical categories is “soft tissue fillers.” These treatments, which include Restylane®
, work to fill in the spaces or “valleys” of facial creases. The goal is a fresher, fuller, more youthful appearance.Still, while fillers continue to grow more and more popular each day, patients find that they still have questions about these cutting-edge treatments. To clear things up, here is our list of the top 5 patient questions about soft tissue fillers
- How long do fillers last? That depends on a few things. First and foremost, it depends on the person. Each patient is unique and should understand that results can vary. Secondly, certain fillers will simply last longer than others. In general, many can last 6 months or more.
- Are fillers different from BOTOX®? Yes. Unlike fillers, BOTOX acts essentially as a muscle relaxer. Instead of filling in the spaces of creases, BOTOX works to prevent creases, particularly intermittent creases like “frown lines.”
- Where are the most common injection sites? We offer fillers that can address virtually any type of facial crease you may be dealing with . Some of the most common injection sites include the marionette lines (the vertical lines from the corner of the lips down) and the nasolabial folds (the lines that run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth.)
- Can fillers be used for lip enhancement? Not all of them. But, injectable lip enhancement is an option when it comes to Restylane®. In fact, according to the website, “Restylane is the first and only FDA-approved dermal filler for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years.”
- How many filler procedures are performed in the US? Fillers continue to be one of the most popular procedures in the US. In fact, according to the most recent data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there were 1,891,158 soft tissue filler procedures performed in 2011 alone, making it the second most popular minimally-invasive procedure in the country.
Cosmetic Fillers on Long Island
Think fillers may be right for you? Contact us
today and find out! Our Long Island Plastic Surgery Offices
are located in Huntington Station, and you can schedule your consultation at (631) 424-6707. We look forward to hearing from you.