It has often been said that “the first step is the hardest to take.” That notion can ring especially true for those exploring plastic surgery for the first time. So, what’s holding you
back?For many patients, it’s simply a matter of not knowing where to start – not knowing the first step. Rest assured, however, there is a solution: scheduling a plastic surgery consultation.
A consultation is a time to speak with your doctor, to find out if you’re a good candidate for plastic surgery, and most crucially, it’s a time to discuss your questions and concerns.Ready to take the first step? Here are 5 Questions You Should Be Asking During Your Plastic Surgery Consultation
- What procedure is right for me? You don’t have to know exactly which single, specific procedure may be right for you. Instead, come in ready to talk about what’s bothering you about your appearance. Together, we can determine the best course of treatment for you.
- What can I realistically expect from this procedure? As plastic surgeons, it’s our job to help keep your goals realistic and specific. During your consultation, your doctor will explain what sorts of things you can reasonably expect following your procedures – and, what sorts of things you shouldn’t expect.
- What are the risks involved? Plastic surgery procedures always carry some risk. Ask questions about possible complications you can expect during and after surgery. The best thing you can do is become a “well informed patient.”
- Are you board certified? Despite what you may have heard, board certification matters. It means that the person you’re dealing with has demonstrated knowledge and experience above and beyond general medical school. When your health is on the table, never be afraid to ask for credentials.
- Can I take a look at some before and after photos? Asking to see before and after photos is always a good idea. While it can’t be a guarantee of your own results, it will give you a sense of what to expect and what your surgeon is capable of.
Take the First Step Today
To find out what plastic surgery can do for you, contact us
today and schedule a consultation. Our plastic surgery offices
are located in Huntington Station, and you can reach us directly at (631) 424-6707. We look forward to meeting you.