- How does liposuction work? Liposuction – also known as lipoplasty – sculpts the body by removing undesirable, exercise-resistant fat. During the procedure, a small tube is passed through tiny incisions and moved back-and-forth beneath the skin, breaking up the fat layer and suctioning it out.
- Can liposuction help me lose weight? Contrary to what you may have heard, liposuction is not a weight loss solution. Rather, the procedure is generally regarded as cosmetic, allowing patients to achieve a slimmer, trimmer figure.
- What areas of the body can be treated with liposuction? Simply put, nearly any area of unwanted, localized fat can often benefit from a liposuction procedure. Common areas include the neck, back, midsection, love handles, thighs and more.
- How long do results last? Each patient is unique and should expect a unique outcome. In many cases, however, the results of liposuction can be permanent as long as the patient maintains a healthy and active lifestyle. If substantial weight is gained after this procedure, results may be altered.
- How do I know if liposuction is right for me? The best way to find out if you’re a candidate for liposuction is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. There, we can discuss the procedure at length, possible benefits and risks and you can have any additional questions answered.
Liposuction on Long Island
To learn more about liposuction or any of the procedures we offer, contact us today. Our offices are located in Huntington Station, and you can schedule your consultation at (631) 424-6707. We look forward to meeting you soon.