There are a number of factors that can cause a woman’s breasts to droop or change over time, including the aging process, heredity, pregnancy, gravity, weight loss or breastfeeding. For women looking to restore a youthful shape and firmness to their breasts, the breast lift
(mastopexy) procedures offers an effective option. Find out what this procedure can do for you and explore the answers to the some of the most common breast lift questions.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Breast Lift Procedure
- What is a breast lift? The breast lift procedure works to rejuvenate and raise breasts by trimming excess skin and tightening the supporting tissues. It offers an effective option for women whose breasts have lost volume or firmness over time.
- Am I a suitable candidate? If your breasts sag, have lost shape or volume or appear flat or elongated, you may be an ideal candidate for this procedure. Suitable candidates must also be generally healthy, maintain a healthy weight, be non-smokers, and have realistic goals about the outcome of this procedure.
- How is this procedure performed? Breast lifts are typically performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. Your surgeon will determine which incision is best for you, and reshape the breasts accordingly. Following this, the remaining skin is tightened and the incisions are closed.
- How long is the recovery period? Following a breast lift, patients will likely need to wear a surgical bra or elastic bandage for a few days. This will be replaced with a soft support bra to help support breasts and minimize swelling during the healing process.
- When can I expect to see results? The results of a breast lift are immediately visible, though full results will appear in the following months after the breasts have settled. To make the most out of your results, follow your doctor’s postoperative instructions and maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.
For More Information about the Breast Lift Procedure, Contact Dr. Rhee Today.
Are you considering undergoing a breast lift
? Contact Dr. Charlotte Rhee
today! We are located in Huntington Station, New York, and can be reached directly at 631.424.6707. We look forward to hearing from you.