The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released the 2014 edition of their annual plastic surgery procedural statistics, detailing a number of interesting new trends and a rise in procedures performed. There were 15.6 million cosmetic procedures performed in 2014 alone, marking a 3% increase since 2013. Let’s take a look at the top 5 most popular cosmetic surgical procedures, as outlined by the ASPS.
- Breast augmentation. Once again, breast augmentation is the most popular plastic surgery procedure in the United States, with 286,254 procedures performed in 2015. If you’re looking to increase the size of your breasts, now is the perfect time to learn about breast augmentation and find out if this customizable procedure is right for you.
- Rhinoplasty. Following breast augmentation with 217,124 procedures performed this past year, rhinoplasty (nose reshaping) has proven to be an effective and popular way to restore facial harmony and improve the appearance of a patient’s nose. Whether it’s performed for cosmetic reasons or to correct any issues with breathing, rhinoplasty offers a high satisfaction rate and proven results.
- Liposuction. Commonly thought of as a weight loss solution, liposuction is actually a minimally-invasive procedure designed to remove diet and exercise-resistant fat deposits from targeted areas of the body. There were 210,552 procedures performed in 2014 marking a 5% growth from the previous year, likely attributed to new technology that reduces the pain and improves the accuracy of this procedure.
- Blepharoplasty. Also known as eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty works to combat droopy, puffy or tired-looking eyelids, for cosmetic reasons or to improve vision affected by droopy eyelids. As the eyes can have a significant impact on the appearance of the face, it’s no surprise that there were 206,509 blepharoplasty procedures performed in 2014.
- Facelift. With 128,266 facelifts performed last year, it’s clear that this procedure continue to be one of the most popular methods of facial rejuvenation. Facelifts work to rejuvenate the face and neck, with some patients reporting that this procedure helped them look 10-15 years younger.
To Learn More about Any of These Procedures, Contact Dr. Charlotte Rhee Today.
For more information about any of the procedures we offer, contact Dr. Rhee
. We are located in Huntington Station and can be reached directly at 631.424.6707. We look forward to hearing from you soon.