During pregnancy and breastfeeding, your body goes through a lot of changes. Sometimes, no matter what you do, you won’t be able to get back your pre-pregnancy body shape. Now, however, there are several procedures available that can help your regain your original shape. A mommy makeover
is a set of procedures that will help you get your body back to the way it was before your pregnancy.
Body shaping procedures
These procedures help to reshape your breasts and remove unwanted fat and sagging skin from the abdomen.
- Breast lift. Sagging, uneven breasts, stretched areolas, and drooping nipples can be reversed back to their original states through a breast lift, also called mastopexy. But, this does not lead to a change in breast size. If that is what you are looking for, then augmentation or reduction is what you need.
- Breast augmentation. After completion of breastfeeding, your lost breast volume may leave you with a longing for larger breasts. Silicone or saline implants can be used to increase your breast size.
- Breast reduction. Sometimes, your breasts may remain larger. In such cases, if you wish to get back your natural size to avoid dealing with issues caused by larger breast size, you can opt for a breast reduction surgery. This involves removal of fat and glandular tissue.
- Tummy tuck. Loose skin, a straighter waistline, and stretch marks caused by pregnancy are often permanent, despite diet, exercise or beauty regimens. Tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, involves removal of excess skin and tightening of muscles thereby giving you a firm tummy and a shapely waist.
- Liposuction. In addition to the aforementioned issues, if you also have to deal with fat around your abdomen, then liposuction, which involves sucking out excess fat from abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, and waist, is also recommended.
Interested in Learning More About a Mommy Makeover? Contact Dr. Charlotte Rhee