An interesting article published online by American Baby Magazine outlines the “9 Ways Your Body Changes After Pregnancy.” While this piece covers some general changes such as back pain and swollen legs, there was also some very informative material on the way a woman’s breasts and stomach can change postpartum.
The American Baby article explains that once initial breast swelling goes down, “in about three to four days (or until you stop breastfeeding), your breasts will probably begin to sag as a result of the stretched skin.” Obviously, this is of great concern to a lot of new mothers, but it’s not just your breasts that can change after pregnancy. The article also suggests that “even the fittest moms will experience some flabbiness in the midsection after giving birth.” To combat this, exercise may prove enough for some women. For others, cosmetic surgery may be the only option.
Exploring the “Mommy Makeover”
A mommy makeover is a way many new mothers combat the physical changes that were caused by childbirth and breastfeeding. While having a child can be one of the most rewarding experiences in life, many women are greatly concerned to find that their breasts and stomachs have sagged or lost firmness. Here are some of the mommy makeover procedures we specialize in.
Mommy Makeover Breast Procedures:
Mommy Makeover Body Procedures:
- Breast lift: Pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause the breasts to sag, droop or lose volume. A breast lift—also known as mastopexy—can often correct this, resulting in a more lifted and youthful bust.
- Breast augmentation: Postpartum, a woman’s breasts can also appear deflated or smaller. Breast augmentation is a process where implants are placed under the breast tissue or under the muscle of the chest wall. The result is fuller, shapelier breasts.
- Breast reduction: Some women have the opposite problem. Following childbirth, some find that their breasts are remaining too large. A breast reduction surgery aims to correct that by removing excess fat, tissue and skin from the breasts.
- Tummy tuck: To combat the inevitable flabbiness that follows childbirth, many new moms opt for a tummy tuck. Tummy tuck surgery is used to help to flatten and shape the abdomen.
- Liposuction: While exercise may be enough for some women, for others, liposuction is the only way to resculpt the body. During the procedure, we can remove excess fat from the abdomen, waist, hips, buttocks and/or thighs.
Combat the Effects of Childbirth: Schedule an Appointment Today
To learn more about a mommy makeover or any of the other Plastic Surgery
services we offer, contact us
today. Our offices are located in Huntington Station, serving Long Island and the surrounding areas. Book your appointment at (631) 424-6707.