A good candidate for breast surgery…
- …has realistic goals. Too often, women look at breast surgery as a panacea. While a breast lift or a breast augmentation procedure can be life changing, it won’t fix every problem in your life.
- …has specific goals. Often, the patients that are most satisfied with their plastic surgery results are the ones who had the most specific goals to begin with. Perhaps you feel your breasts are too small. Perhaps you want to correct sagging caused by breastfeeding. Being specific allows you to understand the possible benefits—and limitations—of breast surgery.
- …has done her homework. Research is key before any cosmetic procedure. Are you dealing with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon? Will you be choosing a State of the Art Facility? Ask questions and always check credentials.
Cosmetic Breast Surgeries Continue to Rise
Breast augmentation surgery is the number-one cosmetic surgery in the United States. This is based on the most recent data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). The ASPS also suggests something equally interesting: the popularity of cosmetic breast surgeries continues to rise!
Here are the two most popular cosmetic breast surgeries in the US:
- Breast augmentation: Breast Augmentation Surgery is performed to correct the appearance of breasts that are too small or lack fullness. According to the ASPS, there were 307,180 breast augmentation procedures in 2011. This represents a 4% increase in popularity in one year alone.
- Breast lift: Breast Lift Surgery—also known as mastopexy—is a procedure aimed at combating the appearance of breasts that have sagged or drooped. There were over 90,000 breast lift procedures performed in 2011, reports the ASPS. This is nearly a full percent higher than the previous year.
Schedule a Breast Augmentation Consultation Today
To learn more about breast augmentation or any of the services offered at out Long Island Plastic Surgery Clinic, contact us today. Call our Huntington Station plastic surgery offices at (631) 424-6707. We look forward to hearing from you.