Many patients have a number of fears and concerns prior to breast augmentation, whether they’re about things they have read on unreliable websites, or stories they have heard from friends who were unhappy with their surgical experiences. To follow are the top 5 most widespread myths about breast augmentation surgery.
- Everyone is going to know I have breast implants. A board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in breast augmentation will be able to provide natural results that will not appear fake or overdone. Breast surgery specialists know how to meticulously place breast implants so that they compliment your body’s shape. Choosing the correct type of implant is also a responsibility of an experienced plastic surgeon.
- Implants need to be replaced. Implants are only replaced under traumatic or emergency circumstances that cause problems for overall health. The likelihood of needing to have implants replaced is considerably low. The most common reason implants are replaced is because some patients choose to have their implants enlarged at a later date.
- Implants feel unnatural and stiff. Although breast implants will never feel exactly the same as natural breast tissue, they are a great imitation. The less scarring around the implant, the more natural breast implants will feel and look.
- I don’t need a breast lift to correct sagging breasts. In some cases, breast implants on their own will not produce an attractive appearance if the procedure isn’t coupled with a breast lift. This is determined case-by-case, and no two people are alike.
- I will have to change my lifestyle after breast augmentation. During recovery, certain activities will be limited. Once you have fully healed, you can return to participating in any activity you enjoyed prior to surgery. Breast implants will enhance your life, not hinder it!
Breast Augmentation on Long Island
Are you interested in learning more about breast augmentation? Contact Dr. Rhee today! We are located in Huntington Station, Long Island, New York, and can be reached directly at 631.424.6707. We look forward to hearing from you soon!