6 Reasons to Choose Breast Reduction Surgery
- Posted on: Sep 15 2019
When patients think of plastic surgery for the breasts, they immediately think of breast augmentation or breast implants which increase the size of the breasts. However, for many women, large breasts become problematic and may need to be addressed with breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction surgery is a popular procedure for large-breasted women who are ready to combat the many problems that may exist.
Reasons to choose breast reduction surgery
There are many reasons why a woman may opt for breast reduction surgery. Below are a few concerns that can develop with larger breasts and warrant the need for reduction:
- Restricted activity. Large breasts can make it difficult for women to participate in several activities, which may include sports and exercise.
- Chronic pain. Women with larger breasts are often carrying several pounds of weight on the front of their body, which can contribute to the development of chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain.
- Nerve pain. Nerve pain may increase with larger breasts and require more than just pharmaceuticals to address.
- Chronic skin irritation/rashes. When the breasts are larger, many women experience irritation and rashes that develop underneath the breasts.
- Poor self-image. Many women feel self-conscious about their appearance when they have larger breasts, sometimes getting the wrong type of attention because of their size.
- Difficulty fitting in clothes. Most clothing companies do not make clothing sizes or bras that accommodate larger breasts, making it hard to find clothes that fit properly.
Are you a candidate for breast reduction surgery?
Patients in the area of Huntington Station, NY who are experiencing the problems listed above may want to book a consultation with Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee to decide if they are a proper candidate for breast reduction surgery. This is a wonderful time for women to work with a professional in finding a solution that is best suited for their specific needs.
If you are curious about breast reduction surgery, speak a plastic surgeon today
Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon in the area of Huntington Station, NY and services patients in and around the community. Women interested in learning more about the benefits of breast reduction surgery are welcome to book a consultation visit at her facility, located at 257 East Jericho Turnpike. Call (631) 424-6707 today to make your appointment and find out more!
Posted in: Breast Reduction