Botox to Treat Excessive Sweating
- Posted on: Sep 14 2011
Botox has purposes that go beyond the treatment of wrinkles, which is something that not everyone is aware of. In fact, it can solve another problem that many people struggle with – excessive sweating.
How Botox for Excessive Perspiration Works
- The procedure is most commonly used to treat sweating of the armpits, hands and feet. However, it can be used on the forehead and other areas of the body that individuals have a tendency to perspire from.
- In about 96% of patients, there is at least 50% reduction in sweating.
- The injections last for about 7 months before they need to be repeated. There are few risks associated with having repeat injections.
- Body odor is decreased with decreased perspiration.
- The Botox works by blocking acetylcholine, which is responsible for triggering the sweat glands.
Discuss This Treatment
If you are interested in discussing this use of Botox, please contact us.