Breast Reduction Recovery Facts
- Posted on: May 20 2011
Most women contemplating plastic surgery are most concerned about what they will experience during recovery. It is important that anyone considering this procedure be aware that it is a serious surgical procedure. As a result, there is a recovery process involved.
What Is Involved With Breast Enhancement Recovery?
Here are some things you may experience after you have had a breast reduction:
- You may have a drain inserted – in order to allow fluid to drain away from the incision area, a tube may be inserted in the hospital.
- You may be required to wear compression garments – compression garments, like bras, may be required.
- You may have to keep your incisions dry – specific care instructions will be provided by your plastic surgeon. However, it is normal for them to suggest that you keep your incisions dry as you heal. You may have steri-strips or gauze that needs to be changed.
- Stitches may be removed after 10 days – it is likely that you will have stitches applied to help your incisions heal. These will usually be removed 10 days after surgery.
- Sleep elevated – a couple of pillows placed under your upper back at night will help your comfort. This position will ensure there is minimal tension on your incision spots.
Schedule Your Breast Reduction
Now that you have a better understanding of the recovery process, you may be ready to have the procedure. To learn more about having a breast reduction, contact us today.