Recently the University of California, San Francisco did a study to determine if one of the popular anti-aging injectables was more effective than the other. The details of the study were as follows:
- The study took place over a period of 30 days
- A total of 90 patients were enrolled in the study
- All individuals had moderate to severe orbital rhytids (crow’s feet) at maximum contraction
- 77 of the patients were female
- The average age of the participants was 54.5
- The goal was to compare Dysport to Botox
The Outcome of the Injectable Study
All participants received Botox injections on one side of their face, and Dysport injections on the other. The dosage applied was 10 units of Botox vs 30 units of Dysport.
After the 30 day period was complete, 67% of participants admitted that they preferred the side of their face that was injected with Dysport. A formal assessment ranked Dysport marginally higher in its effectiveness in eliminating wrinkles.
The authors of this study believe that further studies are necessary to determine if one injectable is truly superior in eliminating the signs of aging, or if something else influenced patient preference.
Determine Your Injectable Preference
If you would like to do your own injectable study, book an appointment to try either Botox or Dysport today.