Male Plastic Surgery | Top Skin Concerns Among Men
- Posted on: Sep 7 2012
Think plastic surgery is just for women? Think again! In today’s world, plastic surgery has been adopted by men and women alike. And, gone are the days when BOTOX®, fillers and liposuction were only popular among female patients. Of course, when a male patient comes in for a consultation, there are special needs and goals that must be considered. For instance, male skin is different from that of women. What’s more, social and cultural expectations dictate what works and what doesn’t for men. Want to know what other guys are saying?
Here is our list of today’s Top Skin Concerns Among Men:
- “I’m starting to see facial wrinkles.” Whether you’re a male or female, wrinkles and facial aging can be a problem! Thankfully, plastic surgery offers a few options. For those with dynamic creases such as crow’s feet and horizontal lines across the forehead, often the best option will be BOTOX®. Essentially a muscle relaxer, this highly purified protein is delivered as a series of tiny injections. And, though not a permanent solution, the age-defying results of BOTOX can last up to several months.
- “My eyes look tired.” As they age, the skin of the eyelids can sag and droop, making men look and feel tired. Thankfully, plastic surgery gives us a way to “wake things up.” Blepharoplasty – also known as an eyelid lift – is a popular procedure that removes excess fat, skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids. The result is a fresher, more youthful appearance.
- “My chest is flabby.” Young men often have little trouble keeping fit and defined. As they age, however, men can begin to see stubborn, exercise-resistant fat, particularly in the chest area. So, if diet and exercise has proven ineffective for you, it may be time to consider liposuction. Using a special suction device, liposuction can permanently remove fat from the chest, back, love handles, midsection and more.
- “My skin is uneven and rough.” Even resilient male skin is prone to become rough, uneven and pigmented. If these situations occur, microdermabrasion can often be the best bet. Using a stream of fine particles, this treatment removes the damaged outer layers of the skin to achieve a smoother, more consistent skin tone.
- “I want my results to look natural.” For most men, the most common concern is regarding natural results. We understand that men not only have unique medical needs, but unique cosmetic goals. Keeping this in mind, we approach male procedures conservatively, particularly when using fillers like Juvéderm® or Restylane®. The goal is making a man look better, without appearing as though he had any work done
Long Island Plastic Surgeon
Not sure which type of treatment is right for you? Contact us today and schedule a consultation! Our offices are located in Huntington Station, and you can reach us directly at (631) 424-6707. We look forward to meeting you!