Whether you are having breast, body, or both Mommy Makeover procedures performed, it is expected that you may not feel 100% for a few days following the procedure. Because of this, it is best to be prepared individually before undergoing this surgery. Here are a few suggestions to help alleviate unnecessary stress during your recovery.
- Take care of your errands 1-2 days before surgery. Make yourself an extensive list of errands, pre-cook and freeze any meals, treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure, and fill all of your prescriptions prior to surgery.
- Clean the house, especially your recovery space. Dirty, messy homes can cause stress, and it’s much easier to relax when things are in order.
- Make a schedule for your children. If your significant other is stepping in as primary caretaker of the children while you’re in recovery, make a detailed schedule for him or her to refer to so they don’t have to interrupt your resting.
- Move things up! It’s difficult to bend over, and it isn’t recommended during tummy tuck recovery. Items or things you may need on a daily basis should be moved up to a height you can reach without having to bend.
- Pain medications are known to cause moderate to severe constipation, so keep a gentle over-the-counter laxative in the medicine cabinet to alleviate any discomfort that may arise.
- Have entertainment ready and nearby. Gather stacks of magazines or books, iPads, laptops, Kindles, etc. and make sure they are fully charged and in close reach.
- Buy a thermometer. Check your temperature periodically post-operation. Even a low-grade fever can indicate that there may be something wrong, and in those cases you should contact your doctor immediately.
Mommy Makeover on Long Island
Are you interested in learning more about the Mommy Makeover procedure? Contact Dr. Rhee today! We are located in Huntington Station, Long Island, New York, and can be reached directly at 631.424.6707. We look forward to hearing from you soon!