Prepping for Liposuction? Here are 5 Tips to Get Ready!
- Posted on: Sep 20 2012
When it comes to liposuction, the most important factors are patient safety and satisfaction. And, since we know that informed patients are the best patients, we thought we would share a few tips for ensuring a successful procedure! Want to know how you can prepare?
Here are 5 Tips for Liposuction Success:
- Set realistic goals. Who are the most satisfied liposuction patients? The ones who went in to the procedure with realistic expectations. Understand that while plastic surgery can enhance your appearance and self-esteem, it cannot change every aspect of your life.
- Understand the procedure. Do your homework! Liposuction is a proven and effective way to recontour the body and tackle stubborn, exercise-resistant fat. Since it’s not a weight loss solution, patients will have to maintain an active lifestyle and healthy diet to maintain their results.
- Quit smoking. We all know that smoking isn’t good for us, but did you know it can have an affect on your surgery success? Reducing blood flow, smoking can increase your chances of developing a complication from surgery and it can also delay wound healing!
- Understand the possible benefits and risks. Although less-invasive than some cosmetic procedures, liposuction is still real surgery. As such, it’s important you understand all the potential benefits and risks of the procedure. This is something we will talk about during your plastic surgery consultation.
- Ask questions. Your plastic surgery consultation is a time to have all your questions answered and concerns addressed. As plastic surgeons, our goal is to make you feel 100% comfortable going in to the procedure.
Liposuction on the Rise!
Although a procedure that’s been around for years, liposuction continues to grow more and more popular! In fact, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, liposuction grew by 12.6% last year. What’s more, the ASAPS reports over 325,000 liposuction procedures were performed in 2011 alone. It’s hard to ignore a figure like that!
Liposuction on Long Island
To learn more about liposuction or any of the procedures we offer, contact us today. Our offices are located in Huntington Station, and you can schedule your consultation at (631) 424-6707. We look forward to meeting you soon.