Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
- Posted on: Mar 30 2019
Are you interested in getting plastic surgery this year? Finding the right surgeon is the first (and most important) step. A plastic surgeon that you can trust will help you find the right procedure and will help you understand the procedure and what you should expect. In short, if you want the best results, you’ll want right the right surgeon. Keep reading for some questions to ask your plastic surgeon, before you even choose which surgery to have.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- What are my options if I am not happy with the outcome of my procedure?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for the procedures I’m considering so I know what to expect?
- What do you predict my results will be like? Can you show me images of what to expect?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training do you have?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If yes, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency? Is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- How many surgeries of this type have you done?
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery? Would you recommend something different?
- Where and how will you perform my surgery? Is this different from other surgeons?
- How long of a recovery period should I expect?
- What kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
Asking the right questions beforehand can help you find the right plastic surgeon, which is the most important thing to consider when looking into plastic surgery. Your doctor having a strong track record and excellent patient results will help you know you’re being taken care of. If you aren’t sure about a doctor or procedure, don’t rush it. You should feel confident in your plastic surgeon and the procedure you’ve agreed on. If you know what to expect, you’ll feel more in control and confident in how your results will look. If you’re ready to learn more, give us a call at (631) 424-6707 to schedule a consultation.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News