The breast lift and breast augmentation procedures are different, but many patients confuse the two. While the breast lift helps in removing excess skin, repositioning the nipples and areola, and bringing the breasts upward on the chest, the breast augmentation procedure is specifically designed to add volume and size. However, Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee of Huntington Station, NY, may recommend a combination of the two for the best results.
What Are the Benefits of Combining a Breast Lift With Breast Augmentation?
It is vital that you truly understand the difference between the breast augmentation procedure and the breast lift. Only then can you fully understand the advantages of combining the two. Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee finds that you may choose to integrate both the augmentation and lift during your next surgery, and here is why:
- Combining the two procedures can create a more dramatic and desired outcome.
- The procedure will not only raise your breasts, giving them a lifted appearance, but it can improve their overall size and symmetry as well.
- Both can give you the youthful look you may feel has been lost over time due to aging, pregnancy, or weight loss.
- Breast implants alone cannot provide lift and address excess sagging skin or drooping nipples that can occur with time.
- Combining these two surgeries eliminates the need for additional procedures in the future, saving time and money while delivering a beautiful, natural-looking result.
Do note that incorporating breast augmentation and breast lift surgery together may result in increased risks or side effects during recovery when compared with an individual procedure. Ultimately, though, this combination of surgeries can help you attain fuller breasts that sit higher on the chest for a more youthful final look.
How Do I Find Out if I’m a Good Candidate for Both the Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation Procedures?
Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon who can walk you through the process of combining these procedures for the best results. If you live in or around the area of Huntington Station, NY and are ready to speak with a skilled plastic surgeon about your needs, call 631-424-6707 to request a consultation and initial evaluation. She can assess your needs and find out which procedures are best for your unique goals.