Top 5 Questions About Breast Lift Surgery
- Posted on: Jun 25 2012
Exploring breast lift surgery can be an exciting and fulfilling journey. But, it is also a time of questions! As a plastic surgeon on Long Island, I’ve heard them all! Want to find out what other patients are asking?
Here is our list of the Top 5 Questions About Breast Lift Surgery:
- Why do breasts sag? Breasts can sag and droop for several reasons — as a result of breastfeeding, following a dramatic weight loss or simply, as part of the natural aging process. As a result, breasts can lose their shape, appear flat or elongated, and make a woman look older than she feels. Thankfully, Breast Lift Surgery can often be the answer.
- What can a breast lift do for me? The goal of breast lift surgery is to rejuvenate the breasts and achieve an uplifted, more youthful contour. This is accomplished by trimming excess skin and tightening supporting breast tissues. We can also work to reposition and reduce the size of the areola, which may have become stretched. Our practice also offers the advanced “Lollipop Breast Lift” procedure.
- How does a breast lift differ from breast augmentation? Unlike a breast lift, breast augmentation aims to add volume and fullness to the breast using a saline or silicone implant. Many women, however, will choose to combine a breast lift with breast augmentation for a more dramatic result.
- How many women choose breast lift surgery? A breast lift is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries today. In fact, according to recent data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there were over 90,000 breast lift procedures performed in 2011, alone. That represents a remarkable 72% growth from the year 2000.
- I think a breast lift might be right for me. What’s the next step? Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. What does board certified mean? It means that the doctor you are dealing with has been officially recognized by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that she has demonstrated knowledge and training beyond that of regular medical school.
Plastic Surgery Consultations on Long Island
Think breast lift surgery might be right for you? Don’t wait – contact us today. Our offices are located in Huntington Station, serving Long Island. Schedule your appointment at (631) 424-6707. We look forward to meeting you.