For many women, their breasts are a source of insecurity and they may consider breast augmentation to change the shape, size and appearance of their breasts. Breast augmentation is one of the most popular and most performed plastic surgery annually, and is considered a safe and relatively affordable procedure for many women. To follow are the top six reasons many women consider breast augmentation.
Five Common Reasons Many Women Consider Breast Augmentation
- Pregnancy. Following pregnancy, many women are unhappy with the appearance of their breasts. Breast feeding causes many women’s breasts to lose volume and sag. Often, breast augmentation can correct these issues and restore women’s breasts to that of their pre-pregnancy bodies. In fact, breast augmentation can be combined with body procedures such as liposuction and abdominoplasty, known as a “Mommy Makeover.” Combining these procedures is considered safe for more women and significantly reduces recovery time.
- Size. The most common reason women choose to undergo breast augmentation is to increase the size of their breasts. Often women find that their clothes fit them better after undergoing breast augmentation.
- Asymmetry. Often, women’s breasts are two different sizes. This is often normal and happens to varying degrees. However, for women where the differences between their breasts is extreme, they may consider breast augmentation to make their breasts more symmetrical.
- Significant weight loss. Often extreme weight loss can dramatically effect the size and shape of a women’s breasts. Breast implants can restore volume in the breasts and help create a more feminine silhouette for patients who have lost a significant amount of weight.
- Breast cancer. Breast implants are often part of the breast reconstruction process following a mastectomy. Women who have survived breast cancer often desire breast augmentation in order to restore their feminine shape.
Interested in Breast Augmentation? Contact Dr. Rhee.
For more information about breast augmentation or any of the procedures we offer, contact Dr. Rhee. We are located in Huntington Station and can be reached directly at 631.424.6707. We look forward to hearing from you soon.