Tummy Tucks: A Plastic Surgery Alternative to Exercise?
- Posted on: Mar 31 2011
Some individuals incorrectly believe that a tummy tuck is a fast fix for those that want to lose bulk around their stomachs without ever having to hit the gym. There is some truth to this, but the best abdominoplasty candidates are those that are in good physical shape. Below we’ve outlined some of the true benefits of and facts on the tummy tuck procedure.
Tummy Tuck Benefits and Facts
- tummy tucks can tighten the abdominal muscles, remove fat from the area, and eliminate the appearance of loose skin. These issues can still occur in those that are physically fit, and cannot always be solved with exercise or diet.
- tummy tucks can help women regain their former appearance following pregnancy.
- the results of a tummy tuck can be compromised with future pregnancy.
- tummy tucks can help tighten skin in those that are overweight, but the options first need to be weighed by a plastic surgeon.
- individuals that continue to lead an unhealthy lifestyle following surgery will not find that the results of this surgery are permanent.