For both men and women, the adnominal area is notoriously known for being resistant to changes in diet and exercise, and even with overall weight loss, it may remain. Patients who have an unwanted “pooch” in the area that doesn’t seem to budge with lifestyle improvements may want to speak to a provider about plastic surgeon options to remove this excess fat. For some, liposuction may be beneficial, while for others, a tummy tuck may suffice. Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee of Huntington Station, NY is pleased to provide patients with two options when it comes to the abdominoplasty treatment, including the traditional tummy tuck and the mini tummy tuck. The mini tummy tuck is a type of abdominoplasty that targets the lower abdomen and may be better for patients who have smaller areas of fat and skin to address.
What are the benefits of the mini tummy tuck?
There are several advantages to the mini tummy tuck that patients consider when they are thinking about undergoing treatment. Listed here are just a few for patients to think about when deciding between the traditional abdominoplasty or the mini tummy tuck:
- Results of the tummy tuck will last for years with a healthy lifestyle (diet and exercise)
- Smaller incisions made to achieve the results
- Incisions are located lower on the body for less visibility and easier to disguise with swimsuits and underwear
- Recovery time following a mini tummy tuck is considerably shorter
- The mini tummy tuck is best for patients who do not have a lot of excess fat or skin in the abdominal area
- The belly button does not need to be repositioned as more minor changes are made to the midsection
Am I a candidate for the mini tummy tuck?
Not everyone is a good fit for the mini tummy tuck. Determining candidacy requires patients to make an appointment with Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee to decide if the procedure is appropriate. Our board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon can assess an individual and make recommendations for surgical, or nonsurgical, treatments. The office is located at 257 East Jericho Turnpike and can be reached at (631) 424-6707.