Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- Posted on: Jan 16 2015
Deciding to undergo breast augmentation is a very personal decision. Potential patients are encouraged to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation to determine the appropriate surgical goals, size and shape of the implants, and any information regarding the procedure and recovery. In order to ensure optimal results and patient satisfaction, it’s important that patients have realistic goals, and communicate them effectively to their plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation surgery.
Breast Augmentation Surgery Candidates:
- Believe their breasts are disproportionate to the rest of their body
- Suffer insecurities due to breast size
- Clothing and swimwear do not fit properly due to breast size
- Want to achieve a more attractive and feminine silhouette
- Breast volume has significantly reduced after pregnancy
- Breast volume has decreased due to extreme weight loss
- One of your breasts is significantly smaller than the other, causing asymmetry of the breasts
- Do not smoke
- Maintain a stable, healthy, normal weight
- Exercise regularly
- Have positive and realistic expectations for the procedure
- Understand that breast augmentation will enhance their appearance, not entirely change it
- Are in general good health, without any serious medical conditions or use of medications
- Have decided to undergo this procedure for themselves, not anyone else
- Understand that breast implants must be monitored, and likely need to be replaced in ten years
- Understand the risks associated with the procedure
- Expect to follow post-surgical care guidelines as recommended by your plastic surgeon
- Understand that a surgical bra must be worn for a specific duration after surgery to promote healing and ensure best results
Interested in Breast Augmentation? Contact Dr. Charlotte Rhee
For more information about breast augmentation or any of the procedures we offer, contact Dr. Rhee. We are located in Huntington Station and can be reached directly at 631.424.6707. We look forward to hearing from you soon.