While some women desire to have larger breasts, others who already have them may be considering the opposite solution. A reduction mammaplasty, or “breast reduction surgery,” is a procedure that will remove excess breast tissues and skin from the breasts. There are many reasons why women in the area of Huntington Station, NY may speak with Dr. Charlotte Anne Rhee about breast reduction. The procedure is often recommended for patients who:
• Deal with chronic pain in the back, neck, and shoulders due to heavy breasts
• Use pain medications on a regular basis to deal with tension caused by large breasts
• Experience nerve pain and restricted physical activity from the size of their breasts
• Have difficulty fitting into traditional clothing and underwear
• Deal with chronic skin irritation and rashes underneath the breasts
• Have poor self-confidence related to their larger breasts
• Feel self-conscious about their breasts and feel they bring the wrong kinds of attention
When patients are struggling with the size of their breasts, our team may strongly recommend the benefits of breast reduction surgery. Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee and her team can evaluate a patient and speak to her about her needs. In most cases, breast reduction surgery can address all of the problems above, and can greatly improve one’s quality of life.
What can I expect from breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction surgery is performed in our office with general anesthesia. First, excess fat and tissues from the breasts are removed to ensure symmetry. Excess skin may be removed as well to ensure the final results are firm and tightened. Then, the doctor will suture the breasts after repositioning the nipple area for a more natural appearance. Incisions are made strategically to avoid noticeable scarring whenever possible.
Am I a candidate for breast reduction surgery?
If you live in the area of Huntington Station, NY and have considered the advantages of undergoing breast reduction surgery, we welcome you to book a consultation appointment with our board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon to find out more. Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee is located at 257 East Jericho Turnpike and can be reached by phone to schedule a consultation at (631) 424-6707.