One of the most common plastic surgeries performed in the United States today is breast augmentation. Many women are unhappy or self-conscious about their chest, which may lead them to speak to a plastic surgery about augmentation solutions available. Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee of Huntington Station, NY works routinely with women to help them determine if this procedure can improve their body contours and enhance their self-confidence. Below are six reasons why a woman may consider the breast augmentation procedure:
- Small breast size. While women come in all shapes and sizes, some women may feel that their small or underdeveloped breasts make them feel embarrassed when wearing certain clothing such as swimsuits or low-cut tops. Addressing micromastia with breast augmentation can improve their contours and give them the feminine silhouette they’ve always wanted.
- Extensive weight loss. Women who have lost an extensive amount of weight over the course of time may find that their breasts become deflated and sag downward. In situations such as this, breast implants will give a fuller chest and restore the appearance of more youthful breasts.
- Changes from pregnancy. In addition to weight loss, pregnancy is another reason why women might consider implants. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause dramatic changes in the chest area, and many women want to restore the fullness they once had in their breasts.
- Asymmetry. Some women experience breasts that are two different sizes. In situations such as this, a patient may consider placing an implant to create symmetry in the chest and avoid the use of extra pads and special cups to balance the chest area appropriately.
- Aging. Over the course of time, gravy and elasticity can cause sagging and deflation of the chest area. Breast augmentation can restore more youthful curves for women who are unhappy with the effects of aging on their body.
- Mastectomy. Women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer and have gone through a mastectomy to remove their breasts may want to undergo breast augmentation to surgically reconstruct their breasts. This often helps restore confidence, and can be an emotional boost for a woman who has gone through a tough time during their cancer journey.
Request a consultation appointment today
Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee and her professionals provide a wide range of facial and body procedures for both men and women. Patients can call (631) 424-6707 and visit the office at 257 East Jericho Turnpike in Huntington Station, NY.