While breast augmentation is a popular procedure that is done to increase the size and shape of the breasts, it is not the only procedure that may be performed by Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee. Some women visit her facility to learn more about breast reduction. This is common for women who have large breasts that inhibit them from participating in certain activities or cause them considerable pain. There are benefits to having this procedure done, and below are some of the more typical reasons for breast reduction seen by Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee:
- Pain and discomfort – large breasts can put excess weight on the front of the body and cause women to experience a host of issues including pain and discomfort. Neck, shoulder, and back pain may be linked to large breasts and can be resolved with breast reduction surgery.
- Heavy breasts – larger breasts can be extremely heavy, holding a lot of weight in the front of the body and making it difficult to find bras and other intimate clothing that can effectively hold the breasts up to reduce discomfort.
- Improper body proportions – if large breasts are impacting your overall proportions, reduction can help balance the body and help women find a more harmonious appearance to their body’s shape and size.
- Irritation and rash underneath the breasts – with large breasts, the skin underneath may rub and become irritated, even with the use of a bra. This can cause a rash or discomfort.
- Inability to perform certain activities – women who have larger breasts may find that it is difficult for them to participate in sports and other activities such as running, even with the use of a sports bra. Reduction of the breasts can help them become more active and lead a healthier lifestyle.
Call Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee today
Huntington Station, NY area patients who are interested in learning more about the benefits of breast reduction can call our team at (631) 424-6707 to schedule a consultation appointment. Our team of professionals are here to help educate patients on the ways in which they can enhance their body, even if it means reducing the size of the breasts through breast reduction. Dr. Charlotte Ann Rhee is located at 257 East Jericho Turnpike and accepts new patients.