A Guide To Mommy Makeover Options
- Posted on: Mar 6 2015
Motherhood is a time of great change, both mentally, emotionally and physically. Women who wish to rejuvenate their bodies after giving birth have a number of options to choose from for their mommy makeover.
Mommy Makeover Breast Procedures
After pregnancy and nursing, breasts tend to lose volume and can become uneven or droopy. Mothers who wish to restore the appearance and contour of their breasts have a number of surgical options to choose from. Each procedure can be tailored to meet each patient’s unique needs and desires.
- Breast reduction: Some women experience a permanent increase in breast size after having children. In some cases, breasts become so large that they can cause physical discomfort such as neck and back pain or skin irritation. Those who wish to reduce the size of their breasts or are seeking relief from these symptoms should consider a breast reduction.
- Breast lift: A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, tightens the tissues of the breast, creating firmer breasts that sit higher up on the chest. This results in a more youthful contour.
- Breast augmentation: Breastfeeding can leave some mothers with deflated-looking or smaller breasts. A breast augmentation will produce fuller, larger breasts for a more curvy silhouette. An experienced plastic surgeon will work closely with each patient to determine the right implant size and shape to achieve the desired result.
Mommy Makeover Body Procedures
Pregnancy and aging takes a major toll on the abdomen. The following body procedures can improve the abdomen and waist by removing excess skin and fat and tightening the muscles, creating a flatter stomach and more shapely waist.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is an effective solution for removing pockets of stubborn fat in targeted areas, such as the lower abdomen or “love handles.” In addition, liposuction can sculpt areas of the body to restore shape and definition.
- Tummy tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck eliminates loose, saggy skin and tightens the muscles of the abdomen, creating a flat abdomen.
Interested in Learning More About A Mommy Makeover? Contact Dr. Charlotte Rhee
For more information about mommy makeovers, tummy tucks or any of the procedures we offer, contact Dr. Rhee. We are located in Huntington Station and can be reached directly at 631.424.6707. We look forward to hearing from you soon.